Position Open for Role of Nursery Caregiver
Help Nurture Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach is a welcoming religious community rooted in trust, freedom, and love.
We are seeking a nurturing, caring adult responsible for providing age-appropriate care and supervision for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers during our 10 am Sunday morning service.
The Nursery Caregiver is responsible for maintaining the safety and well-being of the children in their care.
Supervisor: Director of Religious Education
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours of Work:
Part-time, 2 hours per week, approximately 44 weeks per year. This is a Sunday morning position.
Starting at $17/ hr.
Email resume to Director of Religious Education Naomi Yoshida at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Position to be filled immediately.
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive and nurturing environment
- Provide safe and secure supervision, and play areas
- Play, interact, and attend to the needs of children in their care
- Model appropriate behavior
- Soothe crying infants and children and able to resolve conflicts
- Effectively communicate with parents and guardians
- Experience working with children from birth through preschool
- College coursework in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred
- Experience or coursework in Special Education a plus
- Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist Principles preferred but not required
- Possess a valid CPR card, or agree to obtain one, from a recognized institution (i.e. Red Cross)
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Agree to a Background Check paid for by the church
- High school graduate