Join us for this intensive one-day workshop entitled Race and Racism: From Awareness to Action. Space is limited, and it’s going fast! The facilitator is Celia Young, a UU and Tapestry congregation member.
This one-day intensive workshop aims to:
• Explore the subtler forms of bias held by “nice” people
• Find a safe place to explore white privilege and institutional racism
• Build the skills necessary to have productive dialogue on race-related issues
• Experience self-discovery
• Learn ways to begin to make change happen
May 5th, Saturday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Coffee & bagels, 8:30. Program starts 9:00 sharp)
$30* (includes lunch)
Free Childcare. Please tell us by April 22 if you need it.
Ms. Young specializes in challenging workshops that move us to shed our preconceptions and change the culture of our congregations, and ultimately our society. There is a $30 registration fee, but we can arrange discounts for those unable to pay. Questions? Jan at seymourford at gmail.com or come to the Social Justice table after services.
Let’s Create the Beloved Community Now at UUCLB.