Meet us First Tuesday of the month on Zoom. Meet LA Voice (Interfaith) as events are announced.
Organizing begins with a listening campaign. Now we are digesting the Data.
Thank you to all who participated in the listening campaign.
At our next meeting with will discuss
1) Reporting to the congregation on our findings from the 1:1 Listening Campaign
2) Research on our findings from the Listening Campaign3
3) Considering a request to host an LB Mayoral Candidates Forum.
Please plan to attend this important meeting so we can get as much input from as many people as possible. Please feel free to invite anyone in the groups you work with to discuss the idea of a Candidates Forum. They’re also welcome to join us as we move forward into the research part of organizing. I’ll put it at the front of the agenda so when the topic is over, people can leave if they like.
UUCLB’s top 5 issues are:
- Climate/ Environmental Justice
- Economic Justice, Financial Struggles (General)
- Voter Suppression
- Health Issues/ Access to Healthcare
We can plan our own research on these issues and/or connect with LA Voice’s research meetings as we learn more about them.
Contact LOC@uuclb.org for information.
“Relationships are not a means to power. They are our power. They are our heartbeat.”
LA Voice is the Interfaith community working together for organizing around common interests. The Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach (UUCLB) Community Organizing has begun. The UUCLB Local Organizing Committee (LOC) has formed. The committee members reached out and listened to as many members and friends of our congregation as we can. The listening campaign “officially starts” our organizing process. Please join in the conversation with a member of the LOC.
What is your highest aspiration as we emerge from this moment, and why? What do you feel it will take to live into that aspiration? How is your faith speaking to you at this moment?
Our Intent is to…
- Build relationships with new people and to deepen relationships with old friends
- Discern the core values of our beloved community
- Name common problems and shared concerns
Building these relationships and naming our common problems and concerns allows us to then:
- Explore possible solutions with the LA Voice organizing network, and seek to locate the necessary resources to implement a desired solution and
- Identify the decision-maker with the authority to resolve the issue and have them make public commitments for tangible steps to be taken
Be a part of something bigger. Take part in Local Organizing.
A goal of the Listening Campaign is to strengthen the congregation’s presence in Long Beach, the County, and the State by sitting down and listening to individuals and families in our church community and identifying fundamental problems in our communities that we need and want to address.
Contact LOC@uuclb.org for information
Pat Marr is the “UUCLB to LA Voice Liasion”.
Click here to view the First Power Campaign January training.
Click Here to view the Part 2 of the Power Campaign February 15 training
Click Here to View the Listening Campaign Results June 15 LA Voice Meeting