The Campus Reopening Task Force (CRTF) has some exciting news to share with members and friends of UUCLB! Beginning in May 2021, the campus will reopen for meetings/small groups. Given health and safety considerations, the meetings/small groups will be scheduled at certain times, as well as located in certain designated areas of the outdoor space on campus. The Protocols for having meetings/small groups on campus are listed below.
At the same time, the campus remains open for visits and strolls, as well as for all-church outdoor activities at the discretion of Reverend Lissa.
CRTF will be reviewing all protocols at its next meeting in May. Should any protocols be modified at that time, members and friends will be notified in a timely manner.
In closing, CRTF members express a deep and heartfelt thanks to all members and friends for your ongoing commitment to follow previous, and current, campus protocols. As we all know only too well, the Covid-based restrictions have been quite challenging for all of us: physically; emotionally; socially; spiritually. How wonderful it feels to presently experience a sense of renewal of spirit and community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Ford, Chairperson
Campus Reopening Task Force
Campus Reopening Task Force (CRTF) Recommended Protocols for Committee/Small Groups Meetings on UUCLB’s Campus
The following are UUCLB’s recommended protocols for opening the campus grounds for outdoor meetings and small groups.
- Meetings shall be open to all committees or small groups (e.g., affinity, small group ministry) in which 1) all members of said groups are in agreement regarding the meeting on campus, and 2) the group size does not exceed 10 people. When these 2 requirements cannot be met, the group will continue to meet via ZOOM.
- All meetings shall be scheduled through the Office Administrator: See next page for calendaring.
- In order to ensure social distancing from the Montessori School staff and students, please park in the West/New Parking Lot, as well as enter and exit the campus from the West/New Parking Lot or the front gate directly on Atherton.
- Meetings shall be held during daylight only.
- Meetings shall be available each week on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Meetings may run for up to 2 hours only.
- Meeting attendees are encouraged to bring their own chair. Chairs will be available for those attendees who do not have a personal chair. The use of existing tables on campus is off limits so as to ensure 6 feet of social distancing.
- For the health and safety of others, members and friends may only bring a drink with them on campus. Please consume all other food off campus. The kitchen shall remain closed during all meetings.
- The three campus meeting locations shall be–Picnic table area by the playground–Under the Structure (pretty wide circle)–Lawn at the north side of Wylder Hall (WH), between WH and the arbor/Atherton.
- When on campus, wearing appropriate masks and maintaining 6ft distancing must be practiced at all times. Hand sanitizer will be made available for use at all meeting locations. (Signage will be placed throughout campus for individuals to follow the listed Covid-19 protocols.)
- Spacing: individuals shall use one of the provided 6’ poles (available on campus) to ensure social distancing during the meeting.
- The office remains closed. Please do not disturb the staff or enter the office unless you have an appointment and permission to do so.