UUCLB seeks a caring, organized, and progressive leader to help our congregation build and direct our year-round programming for children, youth and families. Come grow with us! This is a 20-hr a week part-time position, with some onsite hours required including Sunday Mornings presence.
Please apply online at https://uuclb.bamboohr.com/careers/28.
Education and Skills:
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- An affinity for working with children and youth of all ages and their parents/ guardians/ caregivers
- a commitment to supporting Unitarian Universalism as a progressive spiritual community
- At least two years of related experience such as a teacher, youth leader, volunteer organizer, or social justice worker
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferably in a related field (such as education, social work, religious studies) or equivalent. Teacher credentialing, seminary, or applicable educational experience is a plus.
- High degree of organization
- Excellent technology skills for program administration and communication (Google drive, Canva, Constant Contact, online database and social media)
- Ability to create a learning environment inclusive of neurodivergence, disabilities, and other special needs.
- Knowledge of congregational life and dynamics
- Ability to use multiple platforms for learning and growth (online, in-person)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to grow as a member of a diverse staff and volunteer team
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions or for more information about the position, program or community. We welcome your inquiries and look forward to getting to know you!
We, the congregation of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach, affirm our mission: “To create a welcoming and diverse community rooted in love, trust and freedom. To lead by creating a multi-cultural, anti-racist, anti-oppressive congregation and denomination.” People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. UUCLB is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive staff team.