Our volunteer UUCLB Pastoral Care Team provides support to community members who are experiencing difficulty. The team (including our minister) meet monthly to discuss congregation needs and how to meet them.
We provide meals, comfort, and transportation to medical appointments on a temporary basis. If you need assistance due to an illness, accident, or death of a loved one, please contact us:
- Call the office at (562) 597-8445 to speak with our office administrator or minister,
- Use this contact form, or
- Talk with one of those on the Pastoral Care Committee: Lisa Moore, Patty Benoit, Laurie Martinez, Meltem Narter, Chris Kempf or Rev. Lissa
Please provide our church with your most current emergency information. Doing so will allow us to get support and help to you as quickly as possible. You can do so by visiting the church office.
Rest assured Pastoral Care committee members are bound by their confidentiality agreement. Your support needs will only be shared among the members of the committee and the volunteer(s) who help you.
What We Do
(Some of these activities have had to be curbed due to COVID safety concerns.)
- Provide information on local Transportation and Social Service Resources;
- Visit people in and out of the hospital;
- Provide meals on short term basis;
- Provide transportation to church and to some medical appointments;
- Assist memorial services;
- Send cards for celebrations, condolences, illnesses, and other occasions;
- Send cards monthly, to our home bound members and friends;
- Craft greeting cards (see the section below about our monthly Creative Hands group);
- Hold personal emergency information shared with us by members at our monthly table;
- Collect items for the homeless in conjunction with St. Luke’s Episcopal Church;
- Recruit volunteers from the congregation to assist our committee in providing services;
- Reach out to members and friends whom we have not seen in a while;
- Sponsor and organize educational workshops, and provide community pamphlets promoting physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Learn more about Pastoral Care Team and Services:
- Pick up the Pastoral Care brochure from the Welcome Table on Sundays or from the office.
Call to Service
There is joy in giving and sharing. If you would like to assist the Pastoral Care Team by providing assistance to those who are ill or facing difficulties, please volunteer here or call the church office at (562) 597-8445.
Caring Hearts & Hands
Coordinator: Kathy Rogers
This group for adults focuses on encouraging and developing creativity with craft and art projects to nourish ourselves and our souls.
Pastoral Care Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide assistance and comfort in an organized caring manner so that all members and friends of this Unitarian Universalist Church feel included. Together with the minister, we work collaboratively to support congregational members and friends in times of stress and in times of celebration.
We hope to hear from you about your needs and/or if you wish to volunteer!