Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach!
Whether you have been attending in-person or virtually for a few weeks, a few months or longer, we would like you to consider becoming a member of the UU Church of Long Beach.
Membership at UUCLB is open to those 16 years or older who have completed the following steps:
STEP 1: Attend a Starting Point Class
Starting Point Classes are scheduled for 11:30 on First Sundays Note: December class is Cancelled
In 2023 the class in January is on the 8th
In these classes you will:
- share your personal religious journey.
- discover the church’s many programs & activities.
- meet other prospective members.
- learn about some of the church’s statements of philosophy such as our Principles, Bond of Fellowship, Congregational Covenant, and Mission Statement.
- learn more about the next steps.
- learn how you can support UUCLB.
- be invited to become a member.
STEP 2: Participate with the congregation in worship (in person or virtual) for a minimum of four times.
STEP 3: Meet with the minister.
STEP 4: Sign the Membership Book and be recognized at a New Member Sunday Service.
New members will be invited to:
- sign the membership book in front of the congregation during the New Member Ceremony.
- join in a covenantal relationship with all church members to support each other on our spiritual journeys and church involvement.
- join in a deeper commitment to the life of our community.
STEP 5: Sign a pledge of support of your presence, gifts, and/or services.
To ask questions or express interest in becoming a member talk with someone at the Welcome Table after a Sunday church service, contact our Membership Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org , or call the church office and leave a message.