Braver and Bolder
Here are some facts to support your understanding of issues around climate change:
- More than 97% of climate scientists agree that climate change is real, and burning of fossil fuels is a major cause.
- We recognize that, while our individual efforts are important, we cannot rely on personal choice to halt climate change. National legislation is needed.
- Economic studies have shown that pricing carbon will stimulate the economy when the revenues from the fees or taxes are returned to households.
- Global warming increases immigration as increasing water levels and drought cause people to move.
- Reducing air pollution saves lives.
UU’s believe in caring for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
— from the children’s version of the UU 7th principle
What you can do:
- Educate yourself on the Carbon Fee and Dividend.
- Stay informed of upcoming legislation
- Write to National legislators
- Tell your friends that the time to act is now
- Attend the Climate March, April 29, in Wilmington, CA
- Join a local environmental group: 350.org, eycej.org, or Citizens Climate Lobby
Global warming is no longer a philosophical threat, no longer a future threat, no longer a threat at all. It’s our reality.
— Bill McKibben, Co-founder of 350.org
Important links that can help you be informed:
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) http://www.uua.org/environment
Coalition of UU’s and other faiths working on climate change
The Conservative Case for Carbon Dividends