I Owe God A Death!
Rev. Tom Owen-Towle
Consenting to die is not a depressing gesture but a life-enhancing one. We have only one chance to die, so let’s see how well we can face and manage it. Rev. Tom Owen-Towle served as a parish minister since 1967 and is the author of two dozen books on various topics of personal growth, social compassion, and spiritual depth.parenting, and citizenship in the global family.
- We have a new Interim Band Director October 8, 2017
Our hiring committee is delighted to announce that Thomas Parmeter Dyer will be our Interim Band Director and Instrumentalist. He’ll be working with the Wylder Spirits and providing music for our 9:00am service. The hiring team was made up of Wylder members Alicia Davis, Mimi Gephart-Seeley, and Dayla McDonald.
Tom studied piano performance and political science ...
- Guest Chef help needed for Oct. 30 October 8, 2017
Whenever a month has a 5th Monday, volunteers from our congregation plan, prepare, transport, serve and share dinner at Project Achieve, Long Beach’s first year-round shelter.
October is one of those months – October 30. Elizabeth Louros and Jim Crook are taking the lead by reprising their crowd-pleasing menu of baked potatoes with toppings. Mostly what they’re look for ...
- Help craft the Día de los Muertos service October 3, 2017
Each year, our congregation celebrates those who have died during the past year at the “Dia de los Muertos” (Day of the Dead) Service. This year, we will focus our celebration particularly on departed UUCLB members & friends who contributed their time, energy, gifts & creativity ...
- October Special Collection October 1, 2017
The Special Collection during October (all collections from the October 1 service, and any others marked “Special Collection” during the month) will be directed to the Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition (LBIRC). LBIRC was formed in 2006 as millions of immigrants joined together ...
- The new Play Area is open! September 5, 2017
Keep seated while swinging & don’t jump
Include others in your play by taking turns
Notice others around and below you
Down the slide only, please
Together, we safeguard our dream of a Play Area for generations to come
Children in ...
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- 3 Part Non-Violent Communication Workshop: Are We Talking the Same Language?
- Much of the stress in our lives comes from the energy we expend in our effort to communicate with others, especially if the circumstances are...
- Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Family Game Night
- Join us for board games and fun for the family. Come play games like Dixit, a storytelling card game, or Stephenson’s Rocket where players build...
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Courage For Racial Justice & Collective Liberation Workshop with Chris Crass
- Join us for an interactive workshop with longtime anti-racist/collective liberation organizer, author, educator, and Unitarian Universalist, Chris Crass to explore how we can rise in...
UUCLB on Facebook