The Covenants of Our Life
Rev. Mitra Rahnema
Throughout our lives we are part of covenants – some spoken and some unspoken. Let us explore what they are and how they inform the cycles of our lives. Reminder: Additional service at 4pm. The members of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach will be ordaining Katy Kroll Swanson. This is a special service … Continued
- New Play Equipment In The Works! September 5, 2017
The new play equipment is going in! It’s very exciting, but please stay off the structure and the rubber mat (to be installed) until the “all-clear” is given.
- September Special Collection September 5, 2017
The Special Collection during September (all collections from the September 3 service, and any others marked “Special Collection” during the month) will be directed to Christian Outreach in Action (COA). COA is a nondenominational, nonprofit organization ...
- Sing with the choir! August 16, 2017
Do you like to sing in the shower? In your car? While walking alone on the beach? Hymns on Sunday morning? Have you ever thought about singing with a group? Perhaps the UUCLB choir is the ...
- Sanctuary Support Network Volunteers Needed! August 16, 2017
ICE is right here in Long Beach, threatening our neighbors with deportation. Many have lived here peacefully and productively for decades, raising their families and contributing to the community. A coalition of people and agencies have been working hard for months to create a support network.
We need volunteers, at all levels of commitment. We are ...
- UUCLB marches at Long Beach Pride May 21, 2017
- Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Ordination of Katy Kroll Swanson
- On Sunday, September 24th, at 4 p.m., our congregation will gather in one of the most special ceremonies in the life of our church; we...
- Thursday, September 28, 2017
- Farewell Gathering for Rev. Mitra Rahnema
- You are invited to a buffet of Mediterranean food to gather with Rev. Mitra to honor her ministry with our church. A buffet is planned...
- Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Multi-Cultural Transformation
- A Day of Dialogue for All Southern California UU Congregations. Our world is becoming more multicultural, yet most UUs still identify as White and affluent....
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 - Thursday, November 2, 2017
- 3 Part Non-Violent Communication Workshop: Are We Talking the Same Language?
- Much of the stress in our lives comes from the energy we expend in our effort to communicate with others, especially if the circumstances are...
- Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Thoughtful Thursday: Focus on Violence and Teen Dating
- Join for a light dinner before the presentation on teen violence and dating. 6:00 pm —gather 6:30 pm —dinner 7:00 pm —lecture and questions For...
- Saturday, October 14, 2017
- An Evening of the Living and Giving Spirits
- Join us for a night of dancing, dining, and celebrating at Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition’s annual fundraising dinner, for our 5th annual fundraiser! Honoring:...
UUCLB on Facebook