Soul Matters Theme: “The Path of Resistance”
ONSITE and on Zoom, and Facebook LIVE. To resist is to speak truth to power, to refuse to comply with unjust laws and constricting ways of being. Political resistance can be traced through the prophetic voices of our sacred traditions all the way … read more.
- Social Justice Collection March 4, 2023Founded in 1979, Interval House is a six-time Presidential Award-winning program nationally recognized for pioneering innovative domestic violence and housing programs in more than 70 different languages in-house. Interval House is unique as the nation’s first survivor-led program. Interval House’s history reveals the powerfully dramatic story of an unprecedented and intentional philosophy of inclusion, empowerment and ...
- Green Team invitation to Advocacy Training March 24, 2023Sign up https://actionnetwork.org/events/legislative-training-in-long-beach
- 2023 UUA Presidential Election Forums March 22, 2023Get to know the UU Association Presidential Candidate Presidential Forums Presidential Forums will be held to allow UUs to learn more about the candidate. Forums will be held in-person and livestreamed. Register to participate using the links below. Saturday, April 29, 2023 Unitarian Church of Evanston: 1330 Ridge Ave, Evanston, IL 60201 2pm ET / 1pm CT/12pm MT / 11am PT Register ...
- Su UUs for Social Justice Board : Candidate Application Due 4-23 March 22, 2023Contact Pat Marr and Apply for the Unitarian Universalist Social Justice Board: by April 23 at Learn and Apply Link The mission of UUSJ is to advance equitable national policies and actions – aligned with UU values – through engagement, education, & advocacy
- Social Justice Forum UUCLB UUSJ & More March 1, 2023Join in the Social Justice Forum 2nd Sundays after Service 11:30 in Lounge (March 2023 Stewardship Event) To get involved at UUCLB with social justice activities, come to the Social Justice Forums and learn about current concerns and actions. Topics are announced in the monthly Advance (and Thursday email announcements) and during the worship announcements. newsletter-signup ...
This Sunday, April 2, 2023
The JAZZ BAKER BAND at UUCLB
5450 E Atherton St. | Long Beach 90815
Suggested donation: $20/person, $10 students, kids 12 and under free.
Don't miss this great show! Parking is available onsite.
SEE YOU THERE! ... See MoreSee Less
- Likes: 2
- Shares: 1
- Comments: 0
... See MoreSee Less
Ghanaian master musician SK Kakraba
Sunday, March 26, at 4:00pm
at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach. | 5450 E Atherton St., Long Beach, CA 90815
SK Kakraba is a virtuoso player of the gyil — the national instrument of Northern Ghana. The gyil is a xylophone containing 14 suspended wooden slats stretched over calabash gourds containing resonators. Born into a family of gyil players, in an area of Ghana that is known for its many great musicians, SK developed his mastery of the instrument, as well as his knowledge of its rich musical repertoire. Since 2000, SK has performed at concerts and festivals across Africa, Europe and North America. In 2012, SK moved to Los Angeles, and began to connect with local musicians to create new blends of traditional and modern music.
The LA Weekly profiled SK as “The man who might be the world’s greatest xylophone player…” and described his music “…as hypnotic and otherworldly as you might expect — unfamiliar music, to Western ears, at its very best.”
Suggested donation: $20 general, $10 students, kids 12 and under free. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bump this post ... See MoreSee Less
Important changes are being proposed to our Unitarian Universalist Association’s bylaws section “Article II,” which houses the Principles and Purposes.
Please take some time to review the study report which can be found here:
This year’s General Assembly will be especially important for considering these changes.
Please … read more.
- Religious Education MarchSunday Mornings for Children and Youth at UUCLB. March 5 — Time For All Ages and Spiritual Practices March 12 — Faith in Action — Dog Toys for Shelter Animals March 19 & 26 — Curricular days To register your child(ren) or youth for the 2023 Religious Education, download, fill out the form below and drop it into the ...
- UUA General Assembly 2023 June 21 – 25 !!Registration is open!! Housing is open!What is General Assembly? General Assembly is the annual gathering of Unitarian Universalists, where we conduct business of the Association, explore the theological underpinnings of our faith, and lean fully into our mission and principles. …watch video “What is General Assembly Video” GA 2022 On-Demand Library Now Available to the Public The 2022 General Assembly recordings library ...
- News: Pacific Southwest Service Area Assembly (PSSAA)In the tradition of the District Assemblies we used to enjoy each year, the Unitarian Universalists San Luis Obispo are hosting our first-ever Pacific Southwest Service Area Assembly (PSSAA or PSWSA Assembly), on the weekend of April 21-23. (The PSWSA has the same geographical footprint as the Pacific Southwest District had.) The weekend’s theme, “Living in Harmony ...
- UU Study Network (UUSN) uustudiesnetwork.orgUUSN continues the work of the UU History & Heritage Society and of the Collegium. It will hold its first Convocation March 23-26, at Meadville Lombard Theological School in Chicago. Find all the particulars here: https://www.uustudiesnetwork.org/events-uu-convocation/ If you’re interested in learning about some of the people and events that brought Unitarianism, Universalism, and Unitarian Universalism to where ...
- Join in a Small Ministry GroupStart your New Year church experience by deepening your personal growth as a spiritual being and your friendships with members/friends of UUCLB. New members to the church will also find participating in SGM a good way to strengthen their ties to the church. The Winter/Spring session is built around five meetings that begin the week of ...
Solar Energy Production Report
October 2022 Carbon offset: 1.65 tons = 28 Trees this month
Year to Date: 31 MWh
Lifetime Production: 204.0 MWh
UUCLB uses ENPHASE Equipment to measure our solar energy production. Our monthly energy report shows how our system performed and how much we contributed to offsetting the global carbon footprint.