I Owe God A Death!
Rev. Tom Owen-Towle
Consenting to die is not a depressing gesture but a life-enhancing one. We have only one chance to die, so let’s see how well we can face and manage it. Rev. Tom Owen-Towle served as a parish minister since 1967 and is the author of two dozen books on various topics of personal growth, social compassion, and spiritual depth.parenting, and citizenship in the global family.
- BRIDGE MINISTER ANNOUNCED October 20, 2017
Your Board of Trustees is happy to announce the Bridge Minister position has been successfully filled by the Bridge Minister Selection Team as of Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
Reverend Judy Tomlinson lived in Southern California for a long period of her life ...
- Fall Mini Boutique Coming in November October 20, 2017
What is a Fall Mini Boutique?
A Fall Mini Boutique is a holiday shopping opportunity for UUCLB members and friends. The Fall Mini Boutique will be open after first and second service from Sundays November 19 to December 10.
What will the Fall Mini ...
- We have a new Interim Band Director October 8, 2017
Our hiring committee is delighted to announce that Thomas Parmeter Dyer will be our Interim Band Director and Instrumentalist. He’ll be working with the Wylder Spirits and providing music for our 9:00am service. The hiring team was made up of Wylder members Alicia Davis, Mimi Gephart-Seeley, and Dayla McDonald.
Tom studied piano performance and political science ...
- Guest Chef help needed for Oct. 30 October 8, 2017
Whenever a month has a 5th Monday, volunteers from our congregation plan, prepare, transport, serve and share dinner at Project Achieve, Long Beach’s first year-round shelter.
October is one of those months – October 30. Elizabeth Louros and Jim Crook are taking the lead by reprising their crowd-pleasing menu of baked potatoes with toppings. Mostly what they’re look for ...
- Help craft the Día de los Muertos service October 3, 2017
Each year, our congregation celebrates those who have died during the past year at the “Dia de los Muertos” (Day of the Dead) Service. This year, we will focus our celebration particularly on departed UUCLB members & friends who contributed their time, energy, gifts & creativity ...
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 - Thursday, November 9, 2017
- 3 Part Non-Violent Communication Workshop: Are We Talking the Same Language?
- Much of the stress in our lives comes from the energy we expend in our effort to communicate with others, especially if the circumstances are...
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Courage For Racial Justice & Collective Liberation Workshop with Chris Crass
- Join us for an interactive workshop with longtime anti-racist/collective liberation organizer, author, educator, and Unitarian Universalist, Chris Crass to explore how we can rise in...
- Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Halloween Fellowship Party & Dance
- THE UUCLB SCREAM TEAM INVITES YOU! Open to all ages of UU members & friends for a fun fellowship evening of spooky games, activities, &...
- Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Thoughtful Thursday: The Artists of UUCLB
- Experience the painting, music, and literature of our own artists at UUCLB. Soup and salad dinner at 6 pm, presentation at 7 pm. Suggested donation...
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Friday Night Film Nov. 10
- "Before The Flood" stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Eddie Albert, Lindsey Allen in a documentary about how climate change affects our environment and what society can do...
UUCLB on Facebook